Dr. Arunkumar Thangarasu is a postdoctoral research fellow at Wayne State University under Prof. Charlie Fehl. He is working on a novel approach for glycosylations using radical chemistry, as well as the synthesis of Thiosugars and its derivatives from GlcNAc. He received his doctoral degree from CSIR-NIIST in India, where he was supervised by Dr. Ravi Shankar Lankalapalli. He used his organic chemistry skills to synthesize novel iminosugar glycoconjugates for investigating their efficacy in viral and cancer studies.
Mobile: (313) 624-6736
1. Blockade of Uttroside B-Induced Autophagic Pro-Survival Signals Augments its Chemotherapeutic Efficacy Against Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Front Oncol. 2022 ;12:812598. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2022.812598. Lekshmi R Nath*, Mundanattu Swetha*, Vinod Vijayakurup*, Arun Kumar Thangarasu*, Nair Hariprasad Haritha, Sreekumar U Aiswarya, Tennyson P Rayginia1, C K Keerthana, Kalishwaralal Kalimuthu, Sankar Sundaram, Ravi Shankar Lankalapalli, Sreekumar Pillai, Rheal Towner, Noah Isakov, and Ruby John Anto. (SSRN-id-3942642). *Equally contributed
2. Augmented efficacy of uttroside B over sorafenib in a murine model of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2022 ;15(5):636. Swetha Mundanattu, C K Keerthana, Tennyson P Rayginia, Lekshmi R Nath, Haritha Hariprasad Nair, Anwar Shabna, Kalishwaralal Kalimuthu, Arun Kumar Thangarasu, Somaraj Jannet, Sreekumar Pillai, Kuzhuvelil B. Harikumar, Sankar Sundaram, Nikhil Ponnoor Anto, Dee Wu, Ravi S. Lankalapalli, Rheal Towner, Noah Isakov, Sathyaseelan S. Deepa, Ruby John Anto *
3. A Cu(I)-azidopyrrolo[3,2-d]pyrimidine catalyzed Glaser-Hay reaction under mild conditions. ACS Organic & Inorganic AU, 2021 (DOI: 10.1021/acsorginorgau.1c00015). Arun K. Thangarasu, Velickakathu O. Yadhukrishnan, K. A. Krishnakumar, Sanjay Suresh Varma, and Ravi S. Lankalapalli*
4. Design, synthesis, and preliminary immunopotentiating activity of new analogues of nojirimycin — Carbohydrate Research 2021. (DOI: 10.1016/j.carres.2021.108479). Arun K. Thangarasu, Shainy Sambyal, Halmuthur Mahabalarao Sampath Kumar* and Ravi S. Lankalapalli*
5. Semi-synthetic diversification of Coronarin D, a Labdane Diterpene, under Ugi Reaction Conditions —Nat. prod. res. 2020, 34, 1-7. Kollery S. Veena, Murikkinthara Taniya, Jaice Ravindran, Arun Kumar Thangarasu, Sulochana Priya and Ravi Shankar Lankalapalli*
6. Polyhydroxy-N- alkyl-2- pyrrolidinones as a new class of glycolipid analogues with immune modulation potential– J. Carb. Chem. 2018. [DOI: 10.1080/07328303.2017.1413193]. Srinivasa Reddy Bonam, Jaggaiah Naidu Gorantla, Arun Kumar Thangarasu, Ravi S. Lankalapalli* and Halmuthur Mahabalarao Sampath Kumar*
7. Improved single vessel process for preparation and purification of alkylphosphocholines and miltefosine thereof. Indian Pat. Appl. (2020), IN 201911003844. Lankalapalli, Ravi Shankar; Thangarasu, Arun Kumar; Ayyappanpillai, Ajayaghosh.
8. A process for the synthesis of BCX-1777 and BCX-4430. Indian Patent Application No. 202111061664 (Date of filing: 29/12/2021). Lankalapalli Ravi Shankar, Karunakaran Anitha Krishnakumar, Suresh Sanjay Varma, Velickakathu Omanakuttan Yadhukrishnan, Kapiya Sangeeth, Chekrain Valappil Shihas Ahammed, Bernard Prabha, Thangarasu Arun Kumar, Doddramappa Doddamani Shridevi, John Jubi, Kokkuvayil Vasu Radhakrishnan, Ayyappanpillai Ajayaghosh.
9. A process for production of uttroside from plants. Indian Patent Application No. 202211018238 (Date of filing: 28-03-2022). Lankalapalli, Ravi Shankar; Thangarasu, Arun Kumar; Induja DK, Reshma M V.